Trickster108

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Inter-connectedness

Wednesday, August 2, 2006

I recently viewed Mitch Albom's film, "Five People You Meet In Heaven". Aside from the acting, which was superlative, I was extremely touched by the theme of this film. That each and every one of us is affected by a myriad of individuals and that we each, in turn, affect a host of others is a principle which has guided my life. Any success I may have had, any positive developments, all that I have learned...these can be credited to those individuals who have been there for me, who have taken an interest in my life.

I can only hope that I, too, have been and will be there to make an impact upon others whose paths have crossed mine. I believe we are best equipped to do this when we have made the determination to live genuine and authentic lives, when we embrace our individuality and when we are truly open to fulfiling whatever "destiny" may lie ahead of us.

The fact that we often have no idea as to whose lives we affect was a truly poignant theme in this film. Knowing who or how is not necessarily germane to the process...it's one of those things that "just is". In some ways, it is akin to the concept that events often transpire "the way they are supposed to". This may sound fateful, but we truly do have free will...it's a kind of paradox, and we know that paradoxical situations require an intuitive conceptualization. Even though it cannot be reduced to a rational interpretation, we intuitively grasp it's truth.

In this age of separation, distrust, war and violence...were we able to actualize our inter-relatedness,the so called "ties that bind"...were we able to appeal intuitively to a deeper truth...perhaps we could rise above the things responsible for the separation, the fear and the hatred which leads to hostilities and conflict.

trickster108

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home