Trickster108

Monday, April 24, 2006

Gardening

Monday, April 24, 2006

Here we are, just a couple of days after Earth Day...I had wanted to post about the joys of gardening and seeing things grow. Having a garden, in my opinion, helps keep one in touch with Mother Earth. The wonder of seeing seeds sprout, plants grow and mature is a miraculous process that never ceases to amaze and delight me!! The variety and diversity fills me with wonder and always appeals to my sensitivity to color and form.

My garden helps my macrocosmic/microcosmic perspective. I can see processes at work in my garden, my body and the universe...and...they all seem to have some kind of similarity and symmetry. The adage...as it is above..so it is below...takes on such poignant significance if one ponders the infinite wonders of birth, death, decay and resurrection and sees them at work on a myriad of levels.

I ask myself...will generations to come be able to enjoy these phenomena?? Will plants still grow in the world we are bequeathing to generations 100 years or more removed from us?? Or will our stubborn dependence on fossil fuels, our gluttony and self absorption, our addicition to "stuff", the new opiate of the masses, preclude those generations from even existing 100 years hence??

As with everything...it's a mind set..and will require a departure from the old (current) way of looking at life and the world in favor of adopting a less myopic world view in which egocentrism no longer rules.

Listen to Jackson Browne's "After the Deluge" for a clue to what may be in store for us and our world if we do NOT listen and do NOT pay attention.

Ask your government why it has stifled the scientific community from disseminating the truth, why this administration allows non-scientist bureaucrats to edit scientific reports and why it lives in climatological and scientific denial. At the same time, you might ask yourself if there is a connection between our dependence upon fossil fuels and our leaders' being heavily invested in energy and finance.

trickster108

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home