Trickster108

Sunday, May 28, 2006

The Da Vinci Code

Sunday, May 28, 2006

I saw the Da Vinci Code yesterday. After the negative deluge by critics and clerics, I was not sure if I would fall asleep during the film or just gape at its flaws. I did neither. I was, in fact, entranced by the film and did not notice, for a moment, its near 150 minutes of length. At the end, I felt the little hairs on my neck rise as my brain processed the information that always makes me react this way...the mystery and wonder of life and the possibilities that leave us in awe because they appeal to VERY OLD emotions and ideations that belong to the roots of life. We can never be sure what happened 2000 years ago...there is so much subterfuge and revisionism that, barring the invention of a time machine, it will always remain outside the scope of our discovery.

We can, however, look inside ourselves and realize, given the infinite possibilities theory, that the interpretations have been left open for us to choose. Those of us who choose the literal rendition and also opt for the exclusionary bias will limit themselves to what the clerics teach. Those who would rather interpret the events of so long ago as a theophany that supercedes any attempt to parochialize it may see that it was, perhaps, a celebration of the mystery and beauty of intimacy between men and women. In this sense, it echos those who believe that part of our life quest is to understand what it means to become whole again. It signifies the joining of man to woman, the discovering of the feminine within the masculine, and the masculine within the feminine...ultimately...the restoration of the androgyne archetype. It is, in terms of the kabbalah, the union with the Shekineh.

If we accept the authenticity of the Nag Hamadi texts, it is apparent that the early church elders chose to de-feminize the following of Jesus. Is it true that there was animosity between Peter and Mary Magdelene? The gospels of Mary and others seem to indicate that it was the case. And if, as it has been intimated, Mary Magdelene was Jesus' primary disciple, perhaps it was she who was the designee to lead Jesus' followers after his death.

I think that the emphasis on the mysogynisitic revisionism of the early church is the kernel of truth in the Da Vinci code. The entire Priory of Sion scheme has been shown to be recent and subterfuge in nature. It's purpose, according to Picknett and Prince, was the creation of a unified Europe under the banner of synarchy. This is a dead end, a cul de sac, and those who would choose to know more would be well advised to learn more of its deceptive intent. But...the divine feminine is an archetype that surpasses recent history and has its roots in the collective unconscious. This is equally true of the androgyne archetype. Explorations into ourselves will illuminate these eternal principles and, perhaps, provide a sense of meaning that all spiritual pursuit seeks.

As I have written before...when you live a closed life and have shut yourself off from new possibilities, it is like living in a house with no windows or doors. All investigations whether material or spiritual, should be able to stand the test of scrutiny. If we are unwilling to allow our theories and beliefs to be submitted to question...how sure of them can we really be?

I, for one, will always keep an open mind. I am so not entrenched in my beliefs that I have ceased to be capable of learning something new. I am neither atheist nor agnostic...but...I eschew most organized religion because it is steeped in close mindedness. And, more recently, it has been shown to be intolerant, misogynistic and pecuniary. My church is the universe, my altar every manifestation of Mother Nature. I seek a unified and authentic life, not one that feels a spiritual inclination one day a week. I choose NOT to be intolerant...nor to pass judgement...even for those who would do so to me. We are all part of the divine manifestation of the Great Spirit. At times, we may struggle with and amongst ourselves...put we will continue to be part of the Great Spirit's creation irregardless. And we area all one within this glorious creation...part of the paradox we must come to reslove.

trickster108

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home