Trickster108

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mothers

Sunday, May 14, 2006

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!

What can I say...my Mom is not only the sweetest mother I know but she is my best friend as well!! I did not always have this kind of relationship with her, but, over the past 4-5 years, we have become extraordinarily close and have helped each other through some rough times. She lost her second husband and soul mate to cancer...I left a wife and a life behind. Consequently, both of us have had the need to lean on someone else for support and we have found each other to be best suited to supply that much needed comfort.

I am not sure how I can possibly repay Mom for what she has given me. Any compassionate resources I am fortunate to have developed came from her as well as my sensitivity and my intuition. These are the assets on which I have come to rely and having had her beqeath them to me has been substantially responsible for who I am today.

Any ability to love and to be loved were taught to me by Mom. The same can be said for any confidence I may have because they certainly did NOT come from Dad. As far as tolerance goes...it was my mother who taught me the concept of agreeing to disagree...a way to reach compromise when it appeared that no resolution could be possible. Mom also taught me the significance of living life fully each and every day, because "life is just to short" to do otherwise.

I must add that any domsetic abilities I may have came from Mom...cooking, cleaning, a sense of style and fashion...I suspect that any artisitic abilities I have were inherited from her as well.

On this Mother's Day...MOM...I thank you for being the loving Mother you were to me, for all those gifts which you have given me, and for being my best friend...the person whose shoulder I can lean on when my skies are not so blue. And, I promise to always have MY shoulder there for you should you need to lean on me.

Happy Mothers Day!!!!!

trickster108

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home