Trickster108

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Relief

Sunday, June 4, 2006

Dad was in surgery for seven and a half hours. They say he was springing leaks left and right. Miracles, however, DO happen. Not even 24 hours after surgery, Dad was sitting up, was comfortable and able to talk with me on the telephone. And he sounded GREAT!! I want to thank his surgeon, Dr. Boe, for his talent and expertise. I want to thank the nursing staff who have gone out of their way to make Dad comfortable.

Despite my ambivalence, I love my Dad more than I can express. In fact...I realize that this love explains part of the eitiology of my ambivalence. I will, once again, admit to not being a rock during crises. I surmised that the fact that I have been on hormone replacement therapy has not helped. But, the degree of relief I am now experiencing is equal to the amount of confusion and despair I was living through yesterday and the day before.

I am doubtless an emotional being and I would not change that about myself...I would rather have this constitution than be rational and cold...

trickster108

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home